– Member of the European Union. (EU)
– Applicant and dependents can live, work and study in Ireland.
– Safe living environment, highest standard of living.
– Multicultural society that promotes freedom of expression, equal rights and respect for diversity.
– Can include dependent children up to 24 years.
– High quality discounted or free education.
– Advanced health and welfare systems.
– Can get discount on investment for private education expense institutions.
– Must make a qualifying investment in Ireland.
– The applicant must have legally acquired net assets of at least €2 Million.
– All of the funds required to meet the conditions of the Immigrant Investor Program must be capable of being transferred to Ireland and convertible to Euros.
– The applicant and family members must be in good health and have no criminal record.
– The applicant and family members must have private medical insurance covering their period of residence in Ireland.
– Must spend at least one day per year in Ireland.
– The funds used for the investment must be the individual’s own funds, which cannot be borrowed.
– Applicant must prove the source of funds used for the investment.
– Enterprise Investment of at least €1 million in either a single Irish enterprise, or several enterprises for a minimum of 3 years.
– A minimum investment of €1 million in an Approved Investment Fund which must be held for at least 3 years.
– A minimum investment of €2 million in an Approved Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) listed on the Irish Stock Exchange which must be held for at least 3 years.
– An Endowment (non-refundable donation) of €500,000 in the arts, sports, health, cultural or educational fields.
– The application must be approved by an Evaluation Committee composed of senior officials from the Irish Government.
– The Evaluation Committee convenes four times per year (Feb, May, Sept and Dec) to assess applications.
– Investment is made only after the application is approved.
– Once the investment is completed then Residence permits are then issued to applicant and family members for an initial period of 2 years.
– Residents permits may be extended for a further 3 years’ subject to the investment continuing to be held.
– After the initial 5-year period, applicant and dependents can:
– Apply for a 5-year visa extension; or
– Apply for Permanent Residence (if residing in Ireland); or
– Apply for Citizenship (subject to meeting residency and other requirements)